Home to the ‘original Hollywood’, Leeds has a few tricks up its sleeve, and adds its own magic to any dating
encounter. Some say it’s the UK’s third most populated city – and there’s certainly no lack of singles in Leeds. So
sit back, relax, have a look at our Leeds' personals, and read our city dating guide.
Date in Leeds
The city is not only steeped in history as a major textile centre, it also offers an exciting array of dating activities for
men and women in Leeds. Here at Uniform Dating, we’ve gathered up some of the best date ideas so that
whether you're new to the city or just looking for something that little bit different for your first date, you'll never be
short of inspiration:
- Whisk your date away to the UK’s most northerly vineyard, Leventhorpe Vineyard, where you can sample
their best efforts.
- Take your date for a ride on the Middleton Colliery steam railway, which is understood to be the world’s
oldest. Afterwards enjoy tea and cake in the café.
- Drop into Leeds market to sample and shop for delicious deli and organic food. And why not use it to
show off your culinary skills and prepare a delicious home cooked meal?
Romantic restaurants in Leeds
One great aspect of dating in Leeds is the city’s rich and diverse ethnic community, which blends a bounty of
places to eat from all nationalities. For a city with a big heart to share, there are hundreds of restaurants perfect
for singles in Leeds looking for romance.
- The Man behind the curtain. This restaurant adds a new meaning to the term of having ‘locally-grown
produce’ as vegetables are actually grown on the premises!
- Ambiente. Ambient in nature too, it offers a few curveball dishes, such as the albondigas (meatballs), or
the fried pigeon breast served on a chestnut purée.
- Kendells Bistro. You and your date will be treated to a daily menu of specialities on the blackboard. And if
you can’t read the blackboard, a pair of blackboard binoculars are available!
Romantic things to do in Leeds
There are a wide variety of romantic things to do in the city; like taking advantage of its vibrant cultural arts scene,
or enjoying some of the finest classic cinemas in the UK. Some fun dates in Leeds include:
- Celebrating a century this year, treat your date to a film at Hyde Park Picture House. The Grade II listed
building features gas lighting, an ornate balcony, comfy red chairs and 35mm projectors.
- You don’t have to be nature lovers to enjoy the glorious Golden Acre Park, complete with woods and
gardens surrounding an attractive lake.
- If the night seems too young, the HiFi Club could be the place to hang out to listen to soul, funk, jazz,
indie, rock or hip hop, as well as comedy gigs.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.