How to Date Someone in the Armed Forces
There are few jobs out there more respected that a military one. Synonymous with bravery and heroics, military personnel are often lauded as heroes, and rightly so, but the day-to-day reality of the job has it’s ups and downs like any other. The nature of the role, with long hours and long periods abroad adds its own unique dating complexities. But fear not! We have put together a few useful tips to keep in mind when you’re looking to date a military officer or anyone else in the armed forces. These handy hints should help make it a little easier and ensure that your road to romance remains as bump-free as possible.
- Stay flexible. It goes without saying that a military career is a demanding one and things can change at the drop of a hat. So accept that plans will have to change and that circumstances are in flux. This is just as true whether you’re dating an army officer or someone in the air force.
- Stay in touch. When the person you’re seeing is overseas for long periods of time it can be difficult to maintain a relationship, especially in the early days. Whether it’s by email, video chat or just over the phone, make sure that you schedule regular contact.
- Stay relaxed. While it can be stressful knowing that someone you’re seeing is abroad and in potentially dangerous environments, try to stay calm. This is their job and they know what they’re doing. When they are away learn to relax and enjoy the time you have to yourself.
Reasons To Date Someone in the Military
- They’ve been exciting places – no matter which branch of the military that they’ve served in, they’ll definitely have some interesting tales to tell that’ll keep the conversation flowing.
- They’re very fit – physical fitness and the forces go hand in hand, so chances are your military single will be in the shape of their life!
- They have a solid career path – as the military is such a vast organisation there is always scope for your partner to move up in their career.
- They’re presentable – looking neat and tidy is all part of the job, so your date will always know how to look sharp.
- They wear a uniform – if you like a man or woman in uniform you can’t go wrong dating someone in the military.
Forces Dating Site
No matter which branch of the armed forces you serve in, the job you do should be no barrier in finding true love. That being said, it is good to keep a few things in mind to make the most of romance when you’re serving in the military. So have a look at our handy hints for dating in the military and help yourself along the road of romance:
- Be patient: Your date may not have dated someone in the forces before, so keep this in mind and accept that it might take them a little time to adjust to your schedule.
- Chat regularly: When you are stationed elsewhere make sure and keep the lines of communication open to ensure that they aren’t sitting at home worrying!
- Plan for when you’re home: Use the time you have apart to plan some extra romantic activities for when you’re back. This is a great way of making the most of the time you have together and helps you to hit the ground running especially in a new romance.
Find Your Mate at a Military Dating Site
Whether you are a true admirer of military singles or you are serving in one of the armed forced divisions yourself, Uniformdating is the perfect place to meet like-minded mates & enjoy military dating. If you are looking for friendship, love adventures or even marriage, there are thousands of flirty matches waiting to get along with you! So don't hesitate to join our military dating website where brave single hearts meet each other quickly and easily. Forget about single evenings and lonely leave periods on holiday – spend time in the warm arms of your military date! There would always be someone waiting at home for you and always keeping you in their thoughts. Take a real chance to change your life forever – meet military singles who crave love as much as you do. Come in and see how many people are waiting for someone like you here. Browse catchy personals and stunning pics of fit and presentable matches. Chat with them and become familiar with one another, then make your choice if you find you've got your one and only in your sights! Don't make your hero wait, join our military dating site today!
The #1 Military Matchmaker for Military Singles
Everyone knows that military dating can be hectic. You don’t always find your military match amongst your colleagues and you don’t always have a lot of time at home. That’s where your favorite military matchmaker, UniformDating enters the scene.
UniformDating is one of the best military dating sites - here you can find single men and women who have professions that require you wear a uniform. In other words, they are as dedicated to their jobs as you are, they have as weird and wonderful hours and they are under the same pressure as you to perform when on duty. In short: they understand your life better than most.
Here at UniformDating you will be meeting military singles as well as civilians who understand what it takes to date someone in the military. An online dating site also gives you the flexibility to meet someone and talk to them whilst you are away on training or traveling overseas. So long as you have internet access ever so often you can do online dating from anywhere.
So what are you waiting for? Find military friends and mingle with likeminded professionals. There are plenty of singles out there who knows just how demanding it can be to have being a hero as your profession…
Meet Single Military Men Right Here!
So you fancy men in uniform who have a certain panache? Especially dashing soldiers and marines? Then the next question becomes ‘how to meet military men’? Well, you could join the army, the navy or the air force. Or, if you don’t fancy detonating bombs and having to run miles every day (to keep fit enough for the military!) you could just join UniformDating instead. Here you are guaranteed to meet single military officers, something your local bar might not offer. What’s more, you can do it from the comfort of your couch, wearing your PJs. Which has its advantages on days when you don’t feel like hitting the bars. Also, guys in the military travel a lot, so for them online dating is a way of reaching out to potential dates even when they aren’t at home. It makes it easier for them finding dates. And, thankfully, easier for you to find a guy in uniform who rocks your world! It’s definitively preferable to eating canned food whilst training in the woods to become a soldier if that’s not your chosen career path…
Meet Single Military Women on UniformDating
Single military women aren’t that easy to find unless you decide to join the military yourself, or live next to a big training camp. The chances of bumping into a woman in uniform at your local bar isn’t that high, even though surely there are military women somewhere nearby. So how do you meet them? You sign up to UniformDating. As girls in the military often travel online dating is perfect for them. They can schedule dates when they are still away, so they have more time for the actual dating when they get home. Besides, there’s something fun about getting to know someone online before you meet them in real life. It adds a bit of a “masquerade ball” feel - you get to know their personality before you get to see their face (other than in photos, of course). Even if you are in the military yourself and want to find someone likeminded, you won’t bump into every woman in the military at work, so the online dating thing ups your chances drastically. And if you’re not in the military, well, online dating saves you the hassle of having to get dressed up and go to the bar every time you want to find a new date. The bar scene is fun, but bars are better if you go there to have fun, as opposed to trying to find a date.
Singles in London almost have too many dating ideas to choose from. Have a look at our recommendations and see what the capital has to offer for aspiring daters.
Discover the romantic secrets of Yorkshire’s biggest city. Uniform dating have some fun suggestions so you can make the most of dating in Leeds.
Impress your date with a trip to the Walker art Gallery or on a fun boat cruise on the Mersey. There is no shortage of great Liverpool date ideas.
Take your date on a walk through Lyme Park or show them the stars at Godlee observatory. You might be surprised at all the romance Manchester has to offer.
From enjoying some of Britain's best curries to a romantic tour on the canals, Birmingham has it all. Have a look at our suggestions for dating in Birmingham.
Choose a playful date idea with a trip to the Brighton Toy and Model Museum. A walk along the pier may seem like an obvious idea, but if the sun is out it makes an ideal relaxed date.
Take a walk among the dreaming spires and revel in the history of the city. Oxford provides a wealth of parks and bars for a romantic and unhurried date.
Choose a more cerebral dating location at one of Cambridge's many museums, and delight in a pub lunch in some of England’s finest taverns.
Delight in the wealth of dating options in Scotland's biggest city. Dating in Glasgow offers a vibrant arts scene and fine dining aplenty.
Great first dates needn’t cost the earth, why not show off your outdoorsy side with a hike up Cave Hill, or take your date on a wander through the stalls at St George's Market.
Enjoy a romantic date in one of the charming restaurants on Leith's Shore, or go for a cocktail in one of the many stylish bars on George Street.
Uniform dating are here to help you on your UK dating journey. We offer dating tips and advice for a range of cities across the country.